Before you apply
Congratulations on taking the first step towards a rewarding career with the Canadian Coast Guard! To apply to the Officer Training Program in the stream of marine engineering or marine navigation, you will need to submit an online application.
Before you submit an online application, you must:
- Check to see if you meet the educational requirements
- Make sure you have the following documentation:
- copy of your high school transcripts
- copy of Canadian university or college transcripts (if applicable)
- Proof of enrollment for high school students or individuals who have not completed or are upgrading in the required courses. Proof of enrollment can include:
- high school transcript
- academic schedule
- enrollment registration form
- international equivalency report(s) for studies outside of Canada (if applicable)
What you need to know
After you apply online, the next step is an assessment process to evaluate you for the competencies required to become an officer cadet.
Officer cadets must abide by certain standards. Certain behaviours are expected of candidates throughout the entirety of the selection process. During this process you will be expected to:
- adhere to all deadlines
- show attention to detail
- follow instructions carefully
- check and monitor emails regularly
- respond in a timely manner
- be available for assessments
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in the termination of your application.
If you have applied to the Officer Training Program in the past, you are required to reapply and go through the assessment process to be considered for the next intake.
If you have questions about the application process, you are encouraged to attend a recruitment event or contact a recruiter before submitting an online application.
- Date modified: