Environmental Response student program: How to apply
How to apply
You may apply to the Environmental Response student program if you:
- meet the minimum age requirement in the province of work
- are a full-time student registered in a recognized academic institution
- will be returning to full-time studies in the next academic year (as determined by the academic institution)
Successful candidates must have:
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC)
- Canadian driver's license (unrestricted)
- standard first-aid certificate (minimum 16 hour course)
- Restricted Radio Operator Certificate: Maritime (ROC-M)
- cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certificate, level C
Conditions of employment must be met before being hired and are to be maintained throughout employment. These include:
- Security Standards to obtain and maintain a valid Enhanced Security clearance
- Medical Fitness of the Health Canada Occupational Health Assessment, Category III
To apply to the Environmental Response student program, complete the application online and submit it through the GC Jobs site.
To work for the Canadian Coast Guard as co-op student, please contact your academic institution.
Contact us for help
All inquiries about your application and assessment should be emailed to DFO.CCGStudentRecruitmentProgram-ProgrammeDeRecrutementDetudiantdelaGCC.MPO@dfo-mpo.gc.ca
You may contact local offices for questions regarding training in specific regions.
- Date modified: