Waterways Management provides an integrated waterways management service to the marine community. The Program's role is to ensure Canadian shipping channels are safe, efficient and compliant with Canada's sustainable development principles.
The Program ensures that mariners have the necessary guidance needed to enable them to manoeuvre the channels safely and that mariners are provided with essential, timely safety information regarding the status of conditions in the channels.
In the Pacific Region the key services are:
- Monitoring of Main Navigation Channel Conditions
- Channel Bathymetry and Numerical Modelling
- AVADEPTH - Water Depth Forecasting for the Fraser River
- Channel Safety Guidelines and Assessment
- Management of River Control Structures
- Geographic Information Systems - GIS Services Group
- Date modified: